A little progress made for Gondor with Faramir now complete. The mounted version isn’t too far off completion but I have been debating whether to make a conversion to equip him with a lance or not.
Method wise, I used the same paints as the banner bearer but took a little more time with the highlights as this is a Hero so I wanted him to stand out from the rank-and-file.
Looking forward for the bigger picture, I have drafted up a 600 points Minas Tirith army list as a goal which will cross off a hobby-bingo square and allow for some decent size games. Although saying that, this isn’t a competitive list as I was aiming for theme:
600 Points Minas Tirith
- Gandalf the White with Shadowfax (Leader)
- 1x Warrior of Minas Tirith with Banner
- 5x Warrior of Minas Tirith with Sword & Shield
- 5x Warrior of Minas Tirith with Spear & Shield
- 4x Warrior of Minas Tirith with Bow
- Faramir, Captain of Gondor with Heavy Armour & Horse
- 6x Knight of Minas Tirith with Lance & Shield
- Peregrin Took, Guard of the Citadel with Elven Cloak
Although Gandalf is powerful, the low model count and lack of utility heroes I think will play against it. However it does combine two of my favourite scenes of Faramir riding out with his knights to retake Osgiliath and Gandalf holding the the gates in the siege of Minas Tirith. Maybe I will start every game by charging Faramir headlong into the enemy to reflect this…
Check back next week for more updates on this hobby log, I aim to have Pippin finished by then as well as making a start on the troops. Until then all the best,